Angels or Devils - Dishwalla

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our senses don't decieve us.. Our judgement does..

Remember half the glass being full and being empty story?

This is what i think..

Sometimes what I see is a glass half full of the good things life has to offer..
Laughter..
Companionship..
Fun..
Resources..
And I'm fine until i get to thinking and thinking and judging that what i see is not enough..

"I'm going to move out soon"
" My bank account is running low"
"My friends are leaving town"
I'm tired and seriously at the end of my rope..
Now i judge my glass half empty..

Of course, the sad thing is that by judging my glass half empty,
I pretty much guarantee that it is..
And then i tend not to see things for what they probably are..

Sometimes..
I don't hear the concern in a friend's voice when she calls..
And i chafe against her sound advice because i think she's judging me for getting into a jam in the first place..
And then maybe i snap at her..
And she snaps back..
And we both hang up the phone mad..
And she's thinking she won't soon call again, and there it is..
My glass half empty and getting emptier..

If i had paid attention, instead..
To the words my ears were hearing..
Well then things might just have turned out differently..

The place where optimism most flourishes is the lunatic asylum.
Where I can find the mad optimist and say what i feel, feel what i know,
And try to let the best that is possible into my heart..

With a hint of sarcasm..
I am not a pessimist..
To perceive evil where it exists..
In my opinion..
Is a form of optimism..

-_-

No comments: