Angels or Devils - Dishwalla

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Am i looking forward?? Or reminiscing the past??

Judge me.

Do i look forward by seeing the opportunity in every difficulty?
Or do i reminisce the past by seeing the difficulty in every opportunity?

I've been doing alot of thinking lately..
And it hurts..
It hurts just to know that somehow or another..
I'm actually quite lost..

Here it is..
In a nutshell..
Basically we all have a choice..
To see the world the way we want..

There are tons of opportunities and heaps of difficulties in every one's life..
This is an unchangeable and real given fact..
So here's where the wonderful perspective comes in..

I see a possibility..
A new job path?
A new road to further my studies?
A blooming relationship?
And then guess what happens?

There are only 2 choices..
Do i immediately immerse myself in thoughts of what could go wrong??
Or do i rein in my desires because I'm afraid of getting hurt??

I couldn't answer this question..
Either could go wrong..

Then i start to look at the difficulties..
And i face them head on..
What do i see??

Toil and frustration without compensation..
Or maybe i see steps, even painful ones, on the path to a goal..
Things that are worth accomplishing are difficult..
And the course to true success, love or relations never did run smooth..

No news here?

So what do i do??
Do i take another look and see the opportunities hiding in the cracks of every difficulty??
And just perhaps..
Acknowledge the difficulties that are inherent in them..

I've been dodging many chances..
Because i fear..
And it all slipped by..
When remorse engulfs me..
That is when i am hurt..

1 comment:

Maiv said...

you are living in the moment, that is why you can't really discern between this future(looking forward)and this past. life is just made up of all these moments where we are stuck, unsure if we are looking forward or reminiscing the past. love the poem. thanks for sharing.

-xyooj-